Debbie’s Garments- Topping off summer!
Sea Glass Dotted Swiss Peplum Blouse
Simplicity 8384, View D
1. Did standard petite adjustments and lowered bust dart.
2. Inserted button placket rs facing to ws shirt, opposite of instructions. I feel it gives a clean finish on both ws and rs, easier to topstitch and no slip stitching.
3. Did split hem on sleeve but did not follow pattern instructions – see sample.
4. Serged clear elastic along back waist rather than making a casing as pattern directs.
Coral Asymmetrical Placket Blouse
Grainline Studio Augusta Shirt
Tencel and cotton twill
1. Made too many petite adjustments – my fault, not a good choice for me.
2. Good construction techniques.
3. I find their sizing difficult – too much of a gap between body measurements and finished measurements.
4. Chose not to turn up cuff on sleeve.
1.Did standard petite adjustments as well as narrow shoulder.
2. Sewed the rs of facing to ws of front. Again, clean finish in and out, easier to topstitch and gives the top some detail.
3. Did bias edge finish on armhole as pattern directs.
Rusty Dolman Tee
Jalie 3352 Dolman Tops
1. Did standard petite adjustments but feel I would shorten in length and maybe go down a size.
2. Pattern finishes all edges with fold over and topstitch. I added a neckband at neck edge and then did fold and topstitch on hems.
Vogue 1698, View A
1. Constructed per instructions except didn’t interface the seersucker collar or placket. Collar would have been better with some interfacing.
2. Placket was straightforward-my topstitching of bottom of placket was not 🙂
3. Fit issues centered around bust/underarm/shoulder area. Should the horizontal seam be at bust point??? Took in side seams to underarm 3/4” and moved top of sleeve in 2” to alleviate sagging.
Jalie 2796 Multi-Sport Skort
Navy activewear knit
1. Lengthened 3” and chose the wider waistband.
2. Compression shorts are compressing! Recut 4 sizes up and was happy with less compression.
3. No elastic in waistband is really comfortable.
4. Next time I will make the short from a lighter fabric-whole skort is heavy.
5. Love the pockets and side detail.
Kielo Jumpsuit by Named
Black cotton knit and floral novelty knit
1. Just had to try this jumpsuit after seeing it on Brenda. Perfect for relaxing after a hot summer day or, with this floral, going out on the town. Not too close fitting but not too baggy.
2. Sizing is according to bust as there’s ample space everywhere else 🙂 You want shoulder/bust area to fit.
3. Pattern directions are awesome with the neck/shoulder area all finished off with burrito roll techniques and under stitching. Facings need to be tacked down.
4. Fit was spot on for my chosen size-underarms and all-unless it starts growing as the day goes on.
5. Back closure was raised about 4” to cover straps.