Just in case you didn’t make it to any of the meetings or you want to refresh your memory of the garments presented, here is a virtual version of August-
Fashion Sewing Club
Floral Print Tee
New Look 6556, View B
Rayon lycra print with solid knit trim
When I saw a RTW on a friend it was so cute and I knew I had the pattern so I was anxious to give it a try. This was not a win! I did not care for the fold nor the dropped sleeves. I got rid of the fold and recut the front and made a basic tee that I will more likely wear.
Blue and White Button Band Sleeves
Favorite Tee-Shirt pattern adapted
Cotton lycra with blue interlock bands and 9 buttons.
This is a remake from a garment I made August 2018. I copied a RTW tee once again and will get more wear out of new make than the previous.
Jalie Eleonore Jeans
Cotton stretch woven
This is TNT pattern.
Blue Stripe Woven Tank
New Look 6217, View B
Linen/rayon blend with purchased bias trim.
1. The neck opening is large enough that the back does not need button opening.
2. Bias trim is stitched ws to rs and topstitched to finish neck edge and sleeve hems.
Navy Lace Tee
Butterick 6418, View A
ITY knit and poly lace sleeves and yoke
Made to pattern except I finished neck edge and sleeve hem with elastic knit piping.
I was hoping to use the lace selvage for sleeve hem but it had several flaws.
Pink Dot Tee
Sew House Seven Tabor V-Neck, View #2
Made to pattern except
1. Petited front, back and sleeve between shoulder and bust.
2. I am not a fan of V-necks so I changed neck to a scoop and added band.
1. Neck stretched out originally and shoulders have no give but that wasn’t obvious from photos online. Washed to see if it would shrink up. Hmmm.
2. Made 2 sizes smaller per reviews.
3. Changed hem to lower in back with a facing; front is original length.
4. Pattern instructions sketchy. Notch markings must be moved by sewist.
Kimono Jacket and Tee
New Look 6217
1. Quick sew and great pattern for beautiful prints or silky fabrics.
1. Good woven tee pattern.
Closet Case Patterns
1. Love the pockets, drape, shape, added detail like the bust dart from sleeve and back shoulder yoke.
2. Pattern is great-instructions maybe a bit overdone as sleeve went in like a dream-no need for all the fuss they described. But good for beginner.
3. Might make the neck smaller for me.
Ever wanted to see your garments here?? Choose a month that you can be at all four meetings and let us know. Want to try a pattern company, variation on a theme, wardrobe capsule? We will put you on the schedule! And you’ll get paid!
September 2019 Fashion Sewing Club
Tuesday, September 10, 10:30 at Treadle Yard Goods, St. Paul
Thursday, September 12, 10:30 at SR Harris, Burnsville
Thursday, September 12, 6:30 at First Sewing, Bloomington
Saturday, September 14, 10:30 at Treadle Yard Goods, St. Paul