February Club starts tomorrow!
Saturday, February 8, 10:30 at Treadle
Tuesday, February 11, 10:30 at Treadle
Thursday, February 13, 10:30 at SR Harris, Burnsville
Plum sweater Knit Dress/Tunic
Wool Knit Blend
1.Shortened between shoulder and bust and a total of 4 inches in dress length and 5 inches in sleeve length.
2.Eliminated pockets and constructed classic tee neckband over collar with casing or hood.
3. Quick and easy make and toasty warm!
*Turtleneck – Kwik Sew 4069, Jersey with 94% cotton, 6% elastic.
Novelty Knit Dress/Tunic
New Look 6632
Jacquard Double Knit poly/lycra
Contrast is also poly/lycra blend
1.Shortened between shoulder and bust and a total of 3 inches in dress length.
2.Pattern calls for bias tape finished neck edge – I removed seam allowance from neck opening and constructed a classic tee neckband.
3.Pockets were eliminated.
4.I was concerned about the Empire seaming but it seems to disappear in the stitching and I like the resulting fit.
Organic Fleece with 50% Hemp-
30% Cotton and the rest is unknown!
Trim is Poly Nordic Sweater Knit
1.Shortened sleeves 2 inches and 1 inch in body length .
2. The fit is close fitting so I straightened the side seams from below bust to hem and used 1/4 inch seam allowances.
3.Changed order of construction – attach sleeves to front and back first rather than sewing side and underarm sleeves and setting into top.
4.Cuffs were added to sleeves for contrast.
5.The neckline is low – as a sweatshirt I would like to have a little more coverage for warmth so I will be wearing a warm undergarment or turtleneck during our long Minnesota winters!
Purple Raglan Turtleneck – Jalie Marie Claude
Dark Wash Jeans– Jalie Eleonore
Mockingjay Sweater Jacket
Novelty wool, rayon boiled wool knit
1. Raised armhole 1” and decreased width of sleeve 1 1/2” to get a closer but not too close fit.
2. Applied the collar as a folded, finished unit. Collar seams got quite bulky.
3. Trimmed the fur from all seam allowances.
4. Eliminated all facings for obvious reasons 🙂
Title Nine Dress
New Look 6632
Beyond Yoga knit
1. Pattern has great fitting options.
2. Pattern calls for separate scarf but I added an 8” cowl with a 3/8” seam allowance to neck on pattern. No other changes needed at neckline.
3. Added cuff to sleeve to make it more casual.
4. Top stitched to look more ready to wear.
5. Great winter wear fabric!
Sweater knit, ponte, tricot
1. Pattern has wide band in shape of rectangle (not contour) which is not that great for fitting so I put together the lower skirt and it fit perfectly without band so added 1” casing.
2. No side seams in this pattern. Love it!
3. Underlined the center section with tricot in case the sweater knit stretched and then liked the feel of lining so much that I lined the rest of skirt-hand stitched to center section.