Transition season dressing has turned into winter dressing!! Guess we’ll have to “make it work”. Awesome group of people attended the three meetings with some new faces too-
Garment Sewing Group
Forest Green Novelty Knit Top
Sew House Seven Toaster Sweater
Cotton Poly Blend with rayon Jersey bottom
- Lengthened the body 1” and shortened cuff by 1”.
- Omitted the band and added a shirt tail hem shape piece to front and back. The two layers are stitched together with a cover stitch hem and the shirt tail is hemmed separately.
- This is a TNT pattern and is fun to make with unique fabrics.
Fall Mini Capsule
Rust Pinwale Cord Skirt
Simplicity 1321, View A
- Added 1” to skirt length and omitted pockets.
- Lined skirt with many colors of rayon lining – lining stash slim due to COVID!
- Another TNT pattern for me especially in terms of fit.
Rust/Navy Shepherd Plaid Shirt
Kwik Sew 3555, adapted
- Omitted back yoke and made a faux cuff. Added vertical darts to front and back.
- This shirt fabric is so comfy and soft. This is the first time I used this fabric and plan to use it again. It is also a TNT pattern and I learn something new every time I use it.
Autumn Floral Tee Shirt
Forget Me Not Iris Tee
- Did my standard petite adjustments and a narrow shoulder adjustment.
- The pleat at the bottom of the sleeve got my attention so I had to give this pattern a try.
- The pattern contains a short and long sleeve with pleats and basic tee.
- The pleats look complicated but are not at all due to clear and concise directions. A new TNT pattern for me!
Lace and Work Jacket
Grainline Thayer Jacket
Denim and novelty lace
Lining: Cotton/silk and vintage kimono
- What can I say about a pattern that goes together really well and fits too! This is a lined work jacket pattern made to fit my pear shape.
- To copy the jacket from the Burda magazine I basted the lace to the pockets and yokes. A bit of white shows when the lace is folded back but that can be colored with marker.
- I omitted the chest pockets. I felt the lace would be enough to balance out the hem pockets.
- Instructions were excellent. The lining went so smoothly and there were no “neaten the edges” instructions.
- I would advise marking any pattern “clips” before cutting as the sizes and small lines can be easy to miss.
- Finally got out my Kamsnap snap press and it is awesome!!
- The rayon was so yummy and fallish that I had to try my TNT pattern with the bell sleeve variation.
- It’s a lot of sleeve! But kind of fun! I used my differential feed to finish the raw edge of the bell which made it easier to hem up the casing.
Simplicity 8268/Hudson Pants from True Bias
Rayon Sweatshirt Fleece
Activewear for waistband and ankle bands
- Compared the Simplicity and Hudson Pant and they are very similar.
- Serged them up and then remembered the voice of Maggy (store owner) saying, “The stretch is cross grain on this fabric.” Too late-the diaper feeling was already there with a front crotch that was growing.
- Really like the fabric so keeping the bands will adjust waist as things grow!! Covid pants 🙂
Garment Sewing Group via Zoom:
Tuesday, November 10
Thursday, November 12
Saturday, November 14
Tuesday, December 8
Thursday, December 10
Saturday, December 12