Please join us!
Saturday, April 9, Treadle Yard Goods, St. Paul
Wednesday, April 13, Sewing Lounge, St. Paul
Thursday, April 14, First Sewing, Bloomington AND FABRIC SWAP!
And keeping up with last month’s meeting-
1. Made petite adjustment between shoulder and bust and shortened length by one inch.
2. I reversed construction technique for button placket to add contrast interest.
3. Also did burrito roll for yoke rather than slipstitch method.
4. Since my first make from this pattern was the gathered view I wanted to try the other view and I am very glad I did and will probably make it again.
1. Made my standard petite adjustments but did not shorten length.
2. Due to lack of fabric and one way design I cut apart the back to create a lined yoke and used contrast fabric for facing.
3. I like how this pattern is relaxed and yet isn’t too oversized. A fun make that I will do agin.
1. Using my remnants and copying RTW, I was able to make my favorite tunic pattern.
2. I cut apart front, back and sleeves, added seam allowance and carefully constructed the boatneck. The most difficult part was adapting the white upper sleeve because it couldn’t be cut straight across at the hem. Once I figured out that I added a coral rectangle to the upper sleeve and placed the the sleeve pattern onto of fabric to get the shape of the sleeve correct. Then I was able to determine the length of the coral section and added the bottom lavender potion. All this was done while the body of the tee was on my mannequin. Whew – not as easy as I thought.
3. The construction of the boatneck and side slits are very good and not at all difficult.
4. This is a TNT pattern with so many options – I will be making more.
1. Still making use of remnants I was able to gain more storage space for new fabric and have fun tee to wear. Its a win win!
2. The cotton jersey is easy to work with, the viscose not so much.
3. Another TNT pattern that I will using again with or without remnants.
1. Made to pattern to get an idea of fit. It is unisex so quite oversized but all the pics I saw were drop shoulder at least.
2. Glad that I chose a stripe for the neck to see how it worked. All pieces went together perfectly. Turning corners as in Tabor Vee and worked like a charm.
3. Whacked off lots of fabric but pleased with the results. Not quite what I was hoping for in the end but I have a great pattern piece to hack on to a better fitting tunic.
1. Moved bust dart and widened at hip but otherwise great shoulders and all.
2. Wish I would have matched vertical stripes!
3. Sleeves were supposed to be cinched with a band-more trench coat-like. Tapered instead.
Helmi Trench Blouse and Dress by Named
1. Same fit adjustments. Very happy with results. I have added 2” to skirt length.
1. The Nicole pattern has a bodice piece and skirt piece that is to be joined when you cut it out but I had these two fabrics as remnants and have always wanted them together. Perfect opportunity!
2. Neckband has been shortened by 1/4” (1/2” total).
3. Faux pockets added to accommodate a flaw in the fabric discovered only after unfolding the already cut out skirt piece.
April 2022 Garment Sewing Group
Saturday, April 9, 10:30, Treadle Yard Goods, St. Paul
Wednesday, April 13, 10:30, Sewing Lounge, St. Paul
Thursday, April 14, 10:30, First Sewing, Bloomington and Fabric Swap