Camel Stripe Peplum Shirt
Simplicity 8297, View D
100 % cotton woven
1. The facing was altered as a band for a more shirt-like look.
2. Shortened peplum. Eliminated front pocket.
3. Doubled the yoke and used the Hot Dog construction method.
4. Pattern called for horizontal buttonholes rather than vertical.
5. Used a two-piece cuff to utilize contrast fabric. Also used contrast for neck stand and band trim.
Camel Wrap Coat-Photo to appear soon 🙂
Simplicity 8796, View B
Wool Suiting-Lining 100% Silk
1. Shortened coat between bust and shoulder and between waist and bust.
2. Did a 1 inch narrow shoulder adjustment.
3. Used “soft”tailoring techniques – no hair canvas, used fusible interfacing and tie interfacing for sleeve head.
4. I was surprised how well this pattern went together. The instructions are clear, thorough and illustrated well.
Raglan Stripe Tee
Style Arc Madison Top
1. Shortened between shoulder and bust and between waist and hem.
2. Raised bust darts.
3. I like the cuffs and deep hems. I would make it again but a go down a size.
Center Front Flounce Tee
Sewing Workshop Urban Tee
1. Color blocked to gain more contrast but did not work as I envisioned.
2. This tee isn’t difficult to make especially if you use more modern and efficient sewing knit techniques.
Knit Trim Cardigan-Jacket
Hot Patterns 1209
Sweatshirt fleece, knit trim
1. Great ideas-top/down bust dart, darts on sleeve
2. Sleeve fit was not a drop and not a fitted?
3. Loved the trim-pattern calls for facing so I cut off all edges and added the knit trim.
4. Lost some of the darting and should have just added trim-no trimming-ha!
Split Hem Tee
New Look 6482
1. Trying to achieve a split hem without having flaps right at hip area.
2. Armhole/sleeve is very nice.
3. Pattern markings are off and “split” inset didn’t match at side seam.
Pleat Neck Tee
1. Fun pattern-several options with sleeves.
2. Neck binding was supposed to be a knit bias binding, folds and all
3. Used a wrapped edge instead.
Waist Pleat Tee
1. Another fun knit tee with nice variations.
2. Placement of pleat a suggestion 🙂 may need to move up or down.
3. Interfaced neck facing per instructions-lost the stretch and clingier fit for a vee.
Jalie Eleonore No Zip Skinny Jeans
Stretch woven cotton blend
1. Just the bomb pants pattern-
November 2019 Fashion Sewing Club
Saturday, November 9, 10:30 at Treadle
Tuesday, November 12, 10:30 at Treadle
Thursday, November 14, 10:30 at SR Harris, Burnsville
Thursday, November 14, 6:30 at First Sewing, Bloomington
Fit Workshop, Tues., Oct. 15 or Nov. 5, 12:30-3:30 at Treadle
or Monday, Nov. 11, 10-1 at First Sewing, Blmgtn.
Wardrobe Capsules: Discovery & Planning, Nov. 5 & 12, 6-8 at Treadle
Wardrobe Capsules: Cardigan, Nov. 19 & 25, 6-8 at Treadle
or Thursday, Nov. 7 & 21, 10-12 at First Sewing, Blmgtn.
Jalie All Day (No Zip Pant), Monday, Nov. 25, 10-2:30 at First Sewing, Blmgtn.
Sewing Expo in Puyallup-Feb. 27-Mar. 1-we are going-are you?