I know, it’s September already-trying to catch up…
September 2022 Garment Sewing Group
Thursday, September 8, 10:30, First Sewing, Bloomington and Fabric Swap
Saturday, September 10, 10:30 at Ginny’s in Rochester
Wednesday, September 14, 10:30, The Sewing Lounge, St. Paul
And here’s what we sewed in August—-
- Did not petite between shoulder and bust but did shorten length on front, back and sleeves by 2 inches.
- This was a fun, easy and quick make. I am fan of Love Notions patterns. I appreciate all the options for sleeves, necklines and lengths offered. The bust darts help in shaping and the dress can easily slip over your head but a zipper closure is optional.
- I did my standard petite adjustments between shoulder and bust.
- The under collar is the only pattern piece interfaced due to the fabric texture.
- I changed the order of construction and added petersham ribbon to inside collar for a clean finish instead of slip stitching.
- I did not enjoy working with this fabric – too shifty.
- The jacket end product isn’t what I had in my mind for a go to jean jacket. I think my choice of fabric had a lot to do with the end result.
- This is my favorite classic shirt pattern. If you can not find this particular pattern on line try a similar pattern from Cashmerette, Love Notions, Sewaholic, Grainline or the big four.
- I raised the front neckline one inch and used a neckband to finish neck edge.
- I left the hem length for front as is but shortened back length by 2 inches.
- This tee will be perfect for end of summer evenings and it decreased my fabric stash a bit – always a good thing.
- Made a size 16 top and skirt. Size was perfect.
- Cut 2” off of bottom edge of bodice to raise waist. Helped a lot!
- Great fit through bust and shoulders.
1. Added 5” to skirt and raised waist on bodice 1.5”. Needed to piece the center fronts but like the result.
2. Pattern well written. Used rayon for muslin and skirt draped more than it did with the linen.
3. Made size 14.
- Pattern instructions from Stylearc seem to be getting better! Pants easy to put together.
- Very much the “lantern pant” I’ve been looking for!
- Eliminated the “ruffle” at top of waist band.
2 thoughts on “August Garment Sewing Photos”
I love the stripe floral dress!