Here are the photos from last month’s Club, just in case you didn’t make it 🙂
Scroll to the bottom for the dates for December-starting this coming Tuesday!
Fashion Sewing Club-November 2019
Navy/Gray Stripe Tunic
Butterick 6247, View C
Poly Blend Knit Jersey
1. Shortened pattern between shoulder and bust, waist and hip.
2. Raised front neckline 2 inches and removed 2 inches of width from cowl neck piece.
3. I did not construct long sleeve and short sleeve as one as pattern directs.
4. The pattern is easy, quick and fun to make. One could easily lengthen for dress.
Navy Cardi Sweater
Cotton/Jersey with spandex
1. Pattern calls for facing along neck edge and center front. If I use this pattern again I would use a neckband rather than facing. The facing construction was difficult due to the nature of the fabric.
2. Used coverstitch to finish facing and hems.
Navy/Gray Knit Coatigan
Alina Sewing Design Co., Fulton Sweater Blazer
100% wool Double knit; Cotton jersey for facings.
*Pattern description is a sweater blazer but I feel my fabric choice makes it more coatish than sweater.
1. Shortened for petite between shoulder and bust, waist and hips and at hem for knee length.
2. Eliminated pockets, did not interface.
3. The pattern goes together fairly well but it is important to follow collar instructions carefully. The directions for facings at hem are a bit confusing. Also not really necessary for center back seaming since there is no shaping.
Trio of Tees:
Navy Dot- Viscose Knit, McCalls 6964
Japanese Navy Flora, Viscose Lycra, Vogue 9057, View A. Raised back neckline 1 inch.
Art Fair Overlay Tee, Poly and Cotton jersey, McCalls 7247, view C adapted.
Fulton Sweater-Alina Sewing/Design Co.
1. Instructions clearly urge you to a stable knit so it looks coatish as Debbie said.
2. Left some edges raw to deal with bulkiness of seams.
3. Good pattern and instructions.
Wool sweater knit
1. Wanted a close fitting sweater to go over dress. It is!
2. Nice shaping at neckline.
Patchwork Shirt Dress
Sewaholic Granville Blouse
Patchwork cotton/Liberty of London accents
1. Extended hem to make into dress. Chose this pattern for a more shaped silhouette.
2. Loved the Liberty collar and placket. Bulk of patchwork would have been difficult to work around.
1. Great pattern!! Fantastic instructions for a basic garment.
2. On the looser side of fit (sleeves especially) but still a good fit garment for comparison.
3. Adjust as needed for your purposes.
December 2019 Fashion Sewing Club
Tuesday, December 10, Treadle Yard Goods, 10:30
Thursday, December 12, SR Harris, Burnsville, 10:30
Thursday, December 12, First Sewing, Bloomington, 6:30
Saturday, December 14, Treadle Yard Goods, 10:30